Monday, September 21, 2020

A Fear I Would Like to Overcome

I have a few fears in life, that I would like to overcome, like most anyone else.

The one I would like to overcome the most, is my fear of being independent. Of relying on myself more than anyone else.

For most of my life (including my teenage and adult years), I have relied on other people for doing some of the more important things for me, like doctor appointments, driving me places, calling people (especially people I don't know/have never called before), and things like that.

I have been able to some things without the help of others, like get a job, as well as getting items that let me live more independently, but this is still a work in progress. A very long process.

I always doubt myself, thinking I can't do things without the help of others, even if I know I can, even if I have done it before. It doesn't matter if it's easy or hard, I always have doubts about doing it myself, so I always stall.

And I really want to work on that. It prevents me from doing things I most want to do.

I hate being to scared to do the things I really want to do, especially without the help or prompting from others, yet I am also scared of doing anything to change that.

Change is always hard, no matter the type of change. But, I am willing to take steps to become more and more independent, so I don't have to heavily rely on others all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment