Monday, April 6, 2020

My Current Thoughts

The world has been thrown into chaos these last few months, with the coronavirus spreading everywhere.

A lot of businesses have closed until further notice, schools are closed and are doing e-learning, restaurants are only doing drive-thru, pick-up and delivery of meals, and we are being asked to stay inside as much as possible.

I work at my local library, and we have been closed since March 13th. I haven't been working since March 10 (I had my normal 3 of four days off, before the closure became official), and I am really missing it. A month of things not being normal.

I have only gone out 3 times, to buy some groceries, and the rest of the time has been spent inside.

None of us at home have shown any symptoms of this virus, and for that I am thankful. Hopefully we never will. For those who are sick, or who have lost loved ones to this pandemic, I am praying for you.

For the last couple of weeks, I have been having a hard time dealing with not being able to work, nor being able to shop, or go out to eat, or get together with others.

I have been watching lots of movies, writing, listening to music, and reading a lot, to try and keep my spirits up, but there is only so much I can do that will help with that.

I got a couple pieces of news over the last week or so, which I am not happy about.

One: the Joni and Friends retreat that I was planning on going to in June has been cancelled. I understand why it was cancelled, and accept it, but I am still sad that it was. I was looking forward to seeing the friends I made there, and to have fun.

The other piece of news is that a dear neighbor friend of mine had died some time ago (not from coronavirus, but from cancer).

I didn't hear about her passing, so a Ppart of me is kind of angry about that, as I truly cared about her, but I am, of course, mainly sad that she is gone. I had known her for over 20 years, and will miss her dearly.

This is a crazy time we are living in, but we will get through this, and I can't wait for things to calm down, and go back to normal. Or as normal as it can get after something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment